If you’re a 12-year-old living in Canada and looking for ways to earn some extra cash, you’re in luck! There are many opportunities available for you to make money, both online and offline. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best ways to make money as a 12-year-old in Canada, and provide tips to help you get started.
7 ways to make money as a 12-year-old in Canada
1. Babysitting: Babysitting is a popular way for 12-year-olds to earn money. Many parents need a reliable and trustworthy babysitter to look after their children, and they are willing to pay well for it. If you’re interested in babysitting, it’s important to take a babysitting course and get certified. This will help parents feel more confident in your ability to care for their children.
1. Pet Sitting/Dog Walking: If you love animals, pet sitting and dog walking can be a great way to earn money. Many pet owners need someone to look after their pets while they are away or unable to take them for a walk. To get started, advertise your services in your local community or on social media. Make sure to establish a good reputation and build relationships with your clients to ensure repeat business.
2. Yard Work: Offering your services for yard work such as mowing lawns, raking leaves, and shoveling snow can be a great way to earn money as a 12-year-old in Canada. This is especially true during the summer and winter months when people need help maintaining their yards. Make sure to have the right tools and equipment to do the job well.
3. Sell Crafts: If you’re creative and enjoy making things, you can sell your crafts online or at local markets. This can include anything from jewelry to artwork and can be a great way to earn money doing something you love. To sell your crafts online, you can use platforms like Etsy or Shopify.
4. Online Surveys: Participating in online surveys can be an easy and convenient way to earn some extra cash as a 12-year-old in Canada. There are many websites that offer paid online surveys, but it’s important to do your research and only sign up for reputable survey websites.
5. Tutoring: If you excel in a particular subject, you can offer your services as a tutor to other students. This can be a great way to earn money while helping others succeed in their studies. To get started, advertise your services in your local community or on social media. Make sure to have the right qualifications and experience to back up your tutoring services.
6. Paper Route: Delivering newspapers or flyers can be a great way to earn money as a 12-year-old in Canada. This job requires a bit of physical effort and dedication, but it can also be a great way to get some exercise and fresh air while earning money. To get started, contact your local newspaper or flyer distribution company.
7. Social Media Management: If you have a talent for social media, you can offer your services to small businesses or individuals who need help managing their social media accounts. This can include creating posts, responding to messages, and monitoring engagement. To get started, build up your own social media presence and showcase your skills and expertise.
In conclusion, there are many ways to make money as a 12-year-old in Canada. The key is to find something that you enjoy and that matches your skills and interests. With dedication and hard work, you can earn some extra cash and gain valuable experience that will benefit you in the future. Just remember to always prioritize safety, and get permission from parents or guardians before pursuing any job opportunities.